At Leadpages, we’re inspired by the courage, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit of our small business customers, and we believe that building great products is fundamental to fueling their success. Our engineers collaborate at every step of the development lifecycle, from gathering insights to better understand customer pain-points and architecting solutions to building, testing and iterating.
As a Python Developer on our team, you are part of a nimble, cross-disciplinary team responsible for designing, developing and shipping innovative software to optimize the digital marketing funnel and grow our customers’ businesses. We are a team of outcome-driven problem solvers and multipliers with a deep sense of what it takes to create powerful distributed systems.
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Interact with our customers to better meet their needs. Our customers are our everything and the driving force behind what we do, so their mission must become your priority
- Build and maintain service-oriented solutions using Python and Google Cloud Technologies including Datastore, App Engine, RabbitMQ, Celery, Kubernetes, and BigQuery.
- Embed yourself in our extreme programming environment: planning, pairing and writing unit tests. You’ll have an opportunity to deploy to production on your first day!
- Aggressively (like wild horses, not badgers) chase outcomes in an agile/scrum environment.
- Facilitate team strategy around new/emerging technology and our stack.
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- 2+ years of software experience with a concentration in Python web applications.
- Experience with Python web frameworks such as Falcon, webapp2, Django REST or Apistar
- Proficiency with Service Oriented Architecture and REST based services.
- Production experience working with non-relational databases such as Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience composing scalable asynchronous systems with RabbitMQ and Celery
- You’ve authored instrumented code, you understand monitoring/alerting and actively take responsibility for the health of software running in production.
- A deep understanding of how code performs, scales and impacts other systems. Bonus if you’ve worked with StatsD or Prometheus before.
Who you are:
In addition to the above, you are…
- A self-starter and a team player able to adapt to a rapidly evolving organization.
- Uncanny in your ability to empathize with customers, balance technical tradeoffs and deliver scalable solutions.
- Naturally curious, obsessed with engineering, you have a knack for taking on complex engineering challenges (there it is!).
- A true software owner. You care about the impact of what you create and know how to operationalize it. Writing, monitoring, troubleshooting and running software in distributed production environments is what you do.
- A Multiplier! You make others better through automation, peer code reviews, documentation and mentoring. You could lead a project without batting an eye!
Who we are:
Leadpages+Drip was thrilled to make #297 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list (we were #3 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the past three years in a row! To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring in return:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and generous equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis, MN is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!